There’s something for everyone at Midway Surf Life Saving Club.
Kids of all abilities love our Little Rippers and Nippers programmes. Teens hang out in a safe space while learning important life skills in our Junior and Senior Surf programmes. And adults can join patrols, take out a knee board, or simply enjoy our social family atmosphere.
How to become a Member
A new online registration and payment system is available for the up and coming 2022/23 season. Register online with Midway
The season runs from 1st October to 30th September each year and subs are due by the 20th November.
Subscriptions for the season are available from 1 October. Subscriptions for 2022/23 season will be available shortly.
If you have any queries about which subscription you should be paying, please email: email@example.com
Please note payments must be made in full before competing or using club facilities and equipment.
Register Online with SLSNZ
Anyone joining Midway Surf Lifesaving Club must register with Surf Life Saving New Zealand.
Remember to choose ‘Midway’ in the club box. This should be done as soon as possible. There is no cost to do this, and you only ever do this once per person/child. If you need to transfer a membership from another club this process is also done through https://www.surflifesaving.org.nz/join-us/membership. Once you are registered online, you will receive a SLS number and password to use the Members Portal to keep your details up to date. Please change your password immediately for security. If you registered previously and forgotten your logins, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For instructions on how to register, check out this short Video or PDF
We welcome any donations to help fund Midway's ongoing costs. Donations of any amount can be added to your subscription or paid separately at any time if you wish. We also accept donations of goods or services that would be beneficial to the club. Please contact email@example.com if you can help. Your generosity and support is much appreciated.
Using the SLSNZ Members Portal
- Personal details
Once you are registered with Midway on the Surf Lifesaving New Zealand website, please ensure you use the Members Portal to update any of your personal details as they change. You should also be checking your details at the beginning of each season.
- Online Learning
SLSNZ have available a number of online courses for Lifeguards, Officials, Managers and Coaches along with Sports NZ courses. These courses require you to self enroll through the members portal and have no associated cost. The theory section for Surf Lifeguard Refreshers are available to complete from the 1st September. Check out these following instructions if you need some guidance on how to use the members portal for online learning.
Attend one of our "LMS Training for Learners" sessions. See Here for the full training calendar.
- Review the calendar (on pages 1-4) and to attend you can either:
- Easy Option - Look on pages 4-6 and click on the correct meeting link (at the date and time chosen) for the session you would like to attend
OR, you can:
- The challenge:
Or self-learn by working your way through these Guidance Documents:
- User Guide: How to login: https://www.surflifesaving.org.nz/media/996289/user-guide_how-to-login.pdf or watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnappZpvxnU
- Learner User Guide: How to enrol into training: https://www.surflifesaving.org.nz/media/996288/learner-user-guide_how-to-enrol-into-training.pdf
- Learner User Guide: How to access and complete training:https://www.surflifesaving.org.nz/media/996286/learner-user-guide_how-to-access-and-complete-training.pdf
- Learner User Guide: How to book into a training event:https://www.surflifesaving.org.nz/media/996287/learner-user-guide_how-to-book-into-a-training-event.pdf
Benestar - Wellbeing
- Benestar is the counselling and wellbeing provider for SLSNZ members. All active and current members and their immediate families* have access to fully funded counselling and wellbeing resources through Benestar. Benestar have counsellors throughout New Zealand who can be selected and booked online by the user. They also can be booked by phone. Active current members include patrolling members, committee members, officials, coaches and Peer Supporters.
- To access Benestar counselling online, head to: http://www.benestar.com/breg/xerocustomer
When directly booking a counsellor from website, make sure you say that you are accessing as part of the Xero Assistance Program
- To access Benestar counselling by telephone
Call 0800 360 364. State you are from Surf Lifesaving and accessing as part of the Xero Assistance Program.
*Family members are classified as ‘immediate family members living in the same household’.
- Benestar offers support after traumatic SLS incidents, challenges within SLS Clubs and also provides support for personal issues such as stress and anxiety, as well as family issues such as violence, grief, and hardship. Support is provided through expert clinicians, counsellors and advisors either face-to-face, via phone, video, learning modules, online live chat, and through the Benestar app.
Confidentiality underpins this service. SLSNZ has no access to any information about who accesses this service.
Using the SLSNZ App
- Upload the SLSNZ app for quick access to the latest SLSNZ news, easy access to the members portal and latest updates for up and coming events. See SLSNZ App instructions
If you have any problems contact firstname.lastname@example.org