SLSNZ Membership, etrainu, Benestar
Register Online with SLSNZ
Anyone joining Midway Surf Lifesaving Club must register with Surf Life Saving New Zealand.
Remember to choose ‘Midway’ in the club box. This should be done as soon as possible. There is no cost to do this, and you only ever do this once per person/child. If you need to transfer a membership from another club this process is also done through https://www.surflifesaving.org.nz/join-us/membership. Once you are registered online, you will receive a SLS number and password to use the Members Portal to keep your details up to date. Please change your password immediately for security. If you registered previously and forgotten your logins, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For instructions on how to register, check out this short Video or PDF
Using the SLSNZ Members Portal
- Personal details
Once you are registered with Midway on the Surf Lifesaving New Zealand website, please ensure you use the Members Portal to update any of your personal details as they change. You should also be checking your details at the beginning of each season.
- Online Learning
SLSNZ have available a number of online courses for Lifeguards, Officials, Managers and Coaches along with Sports NZ courses. These courses require you to self enroll through the members portal and have no associated cost. The theory section for Surf Lifeguard Refreshers are available to complete from the 1st September. Check out these following instructions if you need some guidance on how to use the members portal for online learning.
Attend one of our "LMS Training for Learners" sessions. See Here for the full training calendar.
- Review the calendar (on pages 1-4) and to attend you can either:
- Easy Option - Look on pages 4-6 and click on the correct meeting link (at the date and time chosen) for the session you would like to attend
OR, you can:
- The challenge:
Or self-learn by working your way through these Guidance Documents:
- User Guide: How to login: https://www.surflifesaving.org.nz/media/996289/user-guide_how-to-login.pdf or watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnappZpvxnU
- Learner User Guide: How to enrol into training: https://www.surflifesaving.org.nz/media/996288/learner-user-guide_how-to-enrol-into-training.pdf
- Learner User Guide: How to access and complete training:https://www.surflifesaving.org.nz/media/996286/learner-user-guide_how-to-access-and-complete-training.pdf
- Learner User Guide: How to book into a training event:https://www.surflifesaving.org.nz/media/996287/learner-user-guide_how-to-book-into-a-training-event.pdf
Benestar - Wellbeing
- Benestar is the counselling and wellbeing provider for SLSNZ members. All active and current members and their immediate families* have access to fully funded counselling and wellbeing resources through Benestar. Benestar have counsellors throughout New Zealand who can be selected and booked online by the user. They also can be booked by phone. Active current members include patrolling members, committee members, officials, coaches and Peer Supporters.
- To access Benestar counselling online, head to: http://www.benestar.com/breg/xerocustomer
When directly booking a counsellor from website, make sure you say that you are accessing as part of the Xero Assistance Program
- To access Benestar counselling by telephone
Call 0800 360 364. State you are from Surf Lifesaving and accessing as part of the Xero Assistance Program.
*Family members are classified as ‘immediate family members living in the same household’.
- Benestar offers support after traumatic SLS incidents, challenges within SLS Clubs and also provides support for personal issues such as stress and anxiety, as well as family issues such as violence, grief, and hardship. Support is provided through expert clinicians, counsellors and advisors either face-to-face, via phone, video, learning modules, online live chat, and through the Benestar app.
Confidentiality underpins this service. SLSNZ has no access to any information about who accesses this service.
Using the SLSNZ App
- Upload the SLSNZ app for quick access to the latest SLSNZ news, easy access to the members portal and latest updates for up and coming events. See SLSNZ App instructions
If you have any problems contact email@example.com