There’s something for everyone at Midway Surf Life Saving Club.
Kids of all abilities love our Little Rippers and Nippers programmes. Teens hang out in a safe space while learning important life skills in our Junior and Senior Surf programmes. And adults can join patrols, take out a knee board, or simply enjoy our social family atmosphere.
How to become a Member
A new online registration and payment system will be available soon for the coming 2022/23 season.
Anyone joining Midway Surf Lifesaving Club must register with Surf Life Saving New Zealand. This is free and only ever done once per person/child.
The season runs from 1st October to 30th September each year and subs are due by the 20th November.
Subscriptions for the season are available from 1 October. Subscriptions for 2022/23 season will be available shortly.
If you have any queries about which subscription you should be paying, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note payments must be made in full before competing or using club facilities and equipment.
We welcome any donations to help fund Midway's ongoing costs. Donations of any amount can be added to your subscription or paid separately at any time if you wish. We also accept donations of goods or services that would be beneficial to the club. Please contact email@example.com if you can help. Your generosity and support is much appreciated.
Benestar - Wellbeing
- Benestar is the counselling and wellbeing provider for SLSNZ members. All active and current members and their immediate families* have access to fully funded counselling and wellbeing resources through Benestar. Benestar have counsellors throughout New Zealand who can be selected and booked online by the user. They also can be booked by phone. Active current members include patrolling members, committee members, officials, coaches and Peer Supporters.
- To access Benestar counselling online, head to: http://www.benestar.com/breg/xerocustomer
When directly booking a counsellor from website, make sure you say that you are accessing as part of the Xero Assistance Program
- To access Benestar counselling by telephone
Call 0800 360 364. State you are from Surf Lifesaving and accessing as part of the Xero Assistance Program.
*Family members are classified as ‘immediate family members living in the same household’.
- Benestar offers support after traumatic SLS incidents, challenges within SLS Clubs and also provides support for personal issues such as stress and anxiety, as well as family issues such as violence, grief, and hardship. Support is provided through expert clinicians, counsellors and advisors either face-to-face, via phone, video, learning modules, online live chat, and through the Benestar app.
Confidentiality underpins this service. SLSNZ has no access to any information about who accesses this service.
Using the SLSNZ App
- Upload the SLSNZ app for quick access to the latest SLSNZ news, easy access to the members portal and latest updates for up and coming events. See SLSNZ App instructions
If you have any problems contact firstname.lastname@example.org